Department Manager - Building Science Solutions
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Department Manager to join our Building and Construction team.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities from consulting, testing, inspection and certification services the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
As a member of our Building Science Solutions (BSS) group, you would be a leader within our fastest growing practice area specializing in enclosure consulting, commissioning, testing and condition assessments.
The Department Manager will support the Building and Construction business through management of BSS team members, offices and development of business.
- Follow and enforce safety and compliance requirements and company policies
- Manage at least two city regions of the following (Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, San Antonio, Austin)
- Manage Building Science Solutions projects and staff members within assigned region(s)
- Meet regional financial goals/budgets
- Manage financial processes (e.g. expense accounts, timecards, POs)
- Participate in Building Science Solutions leadership activities, including planning, goal setting, standardization, process development, etc.
- Lead in regional business development, marketing, and sales efforts
- Lead forensic investigation and litigation support for envelope failure projects
- Lead building envelope commissioning projects
- BS in engineering/architecture (preferred)
- 15+ years’ experience in building envelope systems (preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of the building envelope, including wall cladding systems, curtain wall, window and door systems, waterproofing, roofing, etc., and their installation means and methods
- Strong knowledge of building envelope test methods and standards
- Strong knowledge of the building commissioning process
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to independently perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
- Ability to manage projects and internal project team on all sizes of projects
- Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, roof levels, etc.
- Extensive technical competence and ability to effectively communicate with clients, designers, contractors, and coworkers, both in writing and orally
- Ability to develop and maintain good rapport with clients, designers, contractors, etc.
- Willingness to travel as needed for business
- Sound computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD)
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
LI - LM
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.