Sunpro Solar is Seeking an Energy Specialist for our Houston, TX location!
The Energy Specialist will be responsible for educating home owners in energy efficiency practices. The Specialist will analyze the homeowner's energy efficiency, promote and encourage the adoption of sound energy efficiency recommendations, and install instant savings measures such as LED light bulbs and water heater wraps.
As a representative of the company the candidate must be able to present a clean, professional image and demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate with supervisors, homeowners and inspectors. It is required that the candidate have a thorough understanding of home construction, be able to accurately identify framing members and photograph and create written documentation of site conditions. Along with these requirements. The position will handle site visits, inspections, service calls, technical troubleshooting, and project close out.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work independently to conduct energy audits - This includes traveling to the customer site location, interacting with the customer, performing a comprehensive assessment/audit of the residence, recommending energy saving measures, conducting energy usage data calculations, and completing corresponding documentation.
- The individual will also maintain accurate supply inventory on a weekly basis.
- Perform energy audits and record findings (e.g. blower door, insulation level, thermostat type,) and download/upload the required forms and worksheets.
- Where appropriate, advise customers simple low- and no-cost energy conservation measures, such as sealing air leaks and changing furnace filters.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver's license
- At least 1 year of Energy Auditing experience is preferred.
- BPI Analyst Certification is preferred, HVAC Certificate holders welcome.
- A self-starter with the ability to keep on task independently and complete reports in a timely matter.
- Excellent communicator that is capable of explaining building science details both orally and in written format.
- Solid foundation in utilizing Microsoft Office products, with a particular focus on Word and Excel.
- A basic understanding of residential home construction.
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs, and climbing on ladders.
What’s in it for You?
We’re growing very quickly and need people excited about growing skills. So, if you’re ready to push your comfort level, learn something new every day, and be part of tomorrow’s energy source, come join the fun. We do offer, of course:
- Competitive Pay and Incentives
- Opportunities for Self-development and Career Progression
- Health Benefits, Allowances, 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
Founded in 2008, Sunpro Solar is one of the leading providers of rooftop solar for the Gulf Coast and Southeast regions. Sunpro Solar designs, installs, and maintains the solar panels on residential and commercial properties. Sunpro Solar has a proven history and reputation for providing quality service and was ranked #18 for 2016 Solar Power World’s Magazine Top Solar Rooftop Contractors nationwide as well as no. 209 on Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies in the U.S.
Sunpro is a drug free work environment. Only candidates able to pass a drug test and a background check providing no evidence of felony or misdemeanor convictions or pending charges will be eligible for hire.
Sunpro is an equal opportunity employer.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.