Business Partner - Information Management and Enterprise Services
Sasol (USA) Corporation is expanding its existing Louisiana Chemical Operations with the development of a world-scale ethane cracker that will produce 1.5 million tons of ethylene and other downstream derivatives per year. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. Manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we are recruiting for a Business Partner- Information Management and Enterprise Services. This position reports to the Information Management (IM) Business Relationship Manager and is located in Houston, Texas. Below are key details of the position requirements:
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
The IM Business Partner position acts as the strategic interface between the IM organization and the internal business client in order to ensure business value delivered from IM’s capabilities. The Business Partner will lead business process and information management consulting efforts for North America internal business clients to ensure optimal IM solution identification and business value realization. Key results include the design, automation and integration of a business process area to create value through productivity gains, improved business performance (cycle time, cost of operations, etc.) and improved decision support. The Business Partner will drive collaboration between the Business Relationship Management (BRM) group, Business clients and the IM Services teams to achieve sustained improvement and value delivery.
This position requires a professional with a bachelor’s degree and 10 years of technical/business/management experience in increasingly responsible positions. Line or consulting experience in client’s process area is required. Experience in some combination of business process design, project management, change management and/or IT systems implementation is required. The individual must:
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively consult with client groups to understand the client’s strategic objectives, identify process improvement and automation opportunities, and support organizational readiness activities to achieve sustained benefits.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Establish influential and collaborative relationships with client management, key users and IM Service Owners.
- Demonstrate the ability to build and lead a cohesive cross-functional team to accomplish business results.
- Ensure value is realized by the business from IM’s capabilities, assets and investments.
- Demonstrate expertise in the client’s business processes and industry segment to provide effective consultation on improvement opportunities, business strategy design and guidance on relevant IM solutions to support.
- Negotiate between IM, business clients and other relevant parties to reach agreements that gain the acceptance of all involved.
- Demonstrate strong business and functional knowledge and experience in Enterprise Systems.
- Responsible for maintaining collaborative, consulting relationships with client groups in order to identify and shape business demand for IM’s products and services. Ensures that the potential business value from those products and services is captured, optimized and communicated.
- Provides consulting support to the client to identify opportunities, develop business cases and requirements, and oversee implementation of value-generating IM solutions for the client.
- Leads process design activities with client in a specific business process area to enable achievement of client operating objectives, improved operational excellence and lower cost of operations for the company. Collaborates with other BP’s to integrate process areas and share and apply relevant improvement opportunities.
- Facilitates the technology selection activities, in collaboration with the client and the IM Services teams, to achieve the appropriate balance between enabling the desired process improvement, integration of processes within the company, and IM/Sasol cost of ownership. Technology selections include major strategic suites (e.g., SAP, Aspen), best of breed applications, E-business technologies and Application Service Providers (ASP).
- Actively stays informed of the best in class IT solutions and product developments in the market applicable to the client, including relevant solutions implemented at other companies. Similarly, pursues ongoing knowledge of business process and industry developments within the client’s business scope.
- Acts as a business transition advisor to the client on appropriate change management activities and roles necessary to achieve organizational readiness for the process or technology change. The purpose of this activity is minimize disruption to business operations and achieve the full value of the project.
- Applies portfolio management principles by actively tracking the lifecycle of existing and new IT investments on behalf of the client to ensure business value is identified and continues to be delivered by each investment. Recommends investment retirements or project cancellations for those not delivering value.
- Coordinates with Service Owner(s) on development activities within their area including resource allocation, demand balancing and project prioritization, and coordination across process areas.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong business area knowledge in the context of process manufacturing industry (Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas, Etc.)
- Functional knowledge of applications and business processes used by clients, such as SAP (see additional client-specific information below)
- Business process analysis and design across multiple lifecycles (projects or other implementations)
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within a combination of IT and business operations in relevant function
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders managing complex environments
- Ability to manage a team and drive high performance culture
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in stakeholder management including executive-level
- Experience in business strategy, planning, and implementation
- Technology project management, including change management and testing, across multiple project lifecycles
- Analysis and resolution of system support ticket requests for client area
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not pay a fee for resumes submitted.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.