Energy Analyst - (181704277)
Hudson Energy Services is a strong, established retail provider of electricity and natural gas, serving commercial customers since 2002. Hudson currently has operations in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, Canada and continues to expand.
Hudson is seeking candidates for an Energy Analyst position in either its Houston TX, Dallas TX or Mississauga Canada office. This person will be part of the Contracts team and support the team’s work in Contract Development and Administration. We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, analytical thinker with problem solving skills with an attention to detail. A solid understanding of contract terms and energy markets is required. The Energy Analyst will evaluate and process commercial contracts for our North American divisions. Other duties will include evaluating contracts for compliance to terms along with developing analytical tools and performing analysis in support of cost recovery. This position requires, on occasion, working extended hours to complete daily processing of contracts.
- Perform pricing contract evaluation in support of cost recovery.
- Evaluate contracts to discover discrepancies in load consumption that impact cost components such as capacity and NITS tags.
- Accurate and timely turnaround of contract acceptance and analysis
- Review all inbound customer agreements and book deals into Company’s energy management system.
- Responsible for margin analysis of all contracts for the commercial division.
- Maintain contract integrity for all sales channels in HES’s platform.
- Implement and release regulatory updates for all divisions.
- Review contract language change requests and prepare customized contracts.
Drive enhancement of policies, procedures and business practices that improve efficiency within the Contract Administration function and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business/analytical field of study (e.g. Business, Finance, Accounting Math).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be detail oriented, productive, and efficient.
- Must be well-organized and comfortable working in a stressful, demanding, and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Excel, Word and Power Point skills.
- Experience in power sector a must.
Primary Location: US-TX-Houston
Work Locations: TX-Hou-Westheimer 5251 Westheimer Road Suite 1000 Houston 77056
Organization: US South
Employee Status: Non-Management
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 24, 2018, 2:01:54 PM
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.