Regional Sales Manager
Title: Regional Sales Manager
Location: Texas Or Oklahoma
Reports To: VP Sales
The Regional Sales Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role he/she will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
The Regional Sales Manager actively drives and manages the sales process working in conjunction with a Sales Support team as the key commercial advisor and product advocate. They must be able to communicate technology and product value to all key personnel including purchasing, tech support, product management, business development and engineering. In addition, they must be able to engage in all communications of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the customer/supplier development process. Must also be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the selling cycle. Target Markets are the Oil & Gas Market, Aerospace & Defense markets.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and developing new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
- Lead deal structuring, pricing, and all other proposal development activities as the primary interface with projects, platform, operations, risk management, and other functional groups, as required
- Responsible for maintaining existing customer relationships and increased sales growth
- Prospecting for new business and customers in Oil/Gas, Aerospace, Defense/Military markets.
- Manage the sales proposal process from opportunity identification through contract flow down
- Development and delivery of product presentations for product support and business development
- Nurture customers/prospects at events such as conferences, seminars, tradeshows, customer visits, etc.
- Technically capable of responding to elements of RFIs/RFPs and submitting ROM bids to customers
- Ability to convey customer requirements to Product Management team
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors. Work with Marketing to develop new products and services for business growth
- Lead deal strategy development and reviews, ultimately obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, delivery, and other commercial terms for specific sales proposals
- Familiar with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Attend and contribute to company product technical meetings
- Prepares trip reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information
- Lead and participate in Lean Six Sigma projects to improve the sales proposal process
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking best-in-class practices; participating in professional societies
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Infor/Syteline ERP system a plus
Qualifications (specify required or desired):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in technical OEM sales with an understanding of the Oil/Gas and Aerospace market segment
- Strong contract negotiation ability, customer intimacy, sales forecasting and competitor pricing
- Travel required 50%+ of the time throughout the Southeast and Southwest
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills
Skills/Qualifications: Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Emphasizing Excellence, High Energy Level, Negotiation, Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Creativity, Sales Planning, Independence, Motivation for Sales. The Aerospace/ Military Regional Sales Manager must also be results oriented, driven, personable, passionate, and possess strong sales leadership skills. Effective presentation and communication skills required and the ability to relate client needs and motivate across functional teams are also critical to the position.
The Regional Sales Manager must work with minimal supervision; requiring a high level of self-motivation in order to establish strong customer partnerships. Candidate must have effective time management skills and be comfortable offering a range of alternatives to customers and prospects.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.