HPS Foundation Solutions aspires to be a trusted partner with our customers and stakeholders offering a broad base of complementary products and services for the construction industry across North America.
Our mission is to provide engineered solutions by a technical and responsive team of people across a broad spectrum of the construction industry. Our primary focus will be directed toward construction in the industrial, commercial, power, petrochemical, energy and communications sectors. Ultimately, we want to make it easy for our trusted partners to do business with us.
This is a physically and mentally challenging position involving heavy lifting, hard work, solid people skills, willingness to take direction, a strong work ethic, and a desire to perform requested duties with a focus on safety and appropriate precautions.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities :
- Handle Materials
- Perform Housekeeping Duties
- Operate Basic Hand Tools and Powered Hand Tools. i.e. Drills, Disc Grinders etc.
- Use of general construction tools: Tape Measure, Level, Hammer
- Perform work safely and follow established work procedures
- To not abuse equipment and report equipment that requires servicing or repair
- Perform general tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Other assigned work as required
Special Requirements of the Position :
- Must wear PPE at all times
- Basic Hand Tool knowledge
- Work well with others
- Capable of working within a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow direction, remain alert, and maintain a high level of concentration
- Have good judgement and the ability to react quickly
- Knowledge of, or training in, WHMIS, OSSA is considered an asset
- Must be punctual and possess a strong work ethic
- Position is physically strenuous
- Lifting, pulling, standing, crouching for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity required
- Performance of repetitive tasks
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large
- Overtime may be required
- Will be working in all weather conditions
Conditions of Employment:
- Must follow and support company rules and policies
- Must follow company and legislated safety rules and regulations
- High School diploma or equivalent; and one to two years related experience
- Must pass a 50lb physical fitness test and Drug & Alcohol test
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation, have clean driving record
- Must pass a background check
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Houston, TX (Required)
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.