UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills and passion for customers, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a high energy, motivated technical sales professional to promote innovative solutions for current and potential customers.
- Manage the sales function, ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving employees to achieve business goals
- Promote team selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas
- Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products and services
- Develop an environment to create and sustain a highly engaged team
- Review estimates to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives
- Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business; participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed
- Network with areas, regions, and corporate headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, and creating opportunities for employees to do the same
- Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects
- Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget
- Identify new market opportunities
- Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies
- Ability to build relationships with customers at various functional levels
- Ability to prospect and close new business
- Professional selling skills – product knowledge, presentation, follow-up, and ability to close
- Thorough understanding of market place dynamics including industry trends and assessment of key competitors programs
- Proven capacity to communicate professionally in written and verbal format across a wide audience
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access & PowerPoint)
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Prior sales management experience within the HVAC industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree with 6-10+ years experience
- Master's degree with 4-7+ years experience
- Preferred Degrees: Engineering or Marketing
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.