Flight Controller/Instructor (Visiting Vehicle Officer)
Cimarron is currently seeking an experienced Flight Controller/Instructor (Visiting Vehicle Officer) to work as a member within the ISS Flight Dynamics department to support the US Visiting Vehicle Officer (USVVO) Group.
- Coordinate and ensure the safety for the rendezvous and departure of visiting vehicles with the ISS.
- Staff the USVVO console and up to three back room console positions during rendezvous/capture and release/departure of the HTV, Dragon, and Cygnus spacecraft.
- Develop and maintain of operations products such as flight rules, crew procedures, console procedures, and technical references.
- Coordinate with the ISS Program, International Partners, and commercial vendors on new vehicle design and operations.
- Provide instructors for crew training in visiting vehicle rendezvous, proximity operations and orbital mechanics training as well as flight controller training.
- Obtain certification in flight control and instruction.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, leadership, technical, teamwork, and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to apply them to real-time operations is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, and coordinate a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to obtain and progress through certifications in flight control and instruction.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and operations concepts to exercise effective decision making and initiative in a real-time and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to pass an Air Force Class III physical for Flight Controller certification. Ability to work shift work (nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Ability to travel as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering (ABET), Math, or Physics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering with emphasis on orbital mechanics, attitude dynamics, astrodynamics, or flight dynamics.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees' worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From Company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. Due to facility security requirements, only US Citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.