Flight Controller (ADCO)
Cimarron has an opening for the position of Flight Controller (ADCO). The chosen candidate will work as an International Space Station (ISS) flight controller and serve as a technical expert for the ISS Motion Control System.
Flight controllers are responsible for operating systems onboard ISS from a flight control console located in the Mission Control Center (MCC) Houston. Personnel will be expected to complete NASA led flight controller and instructor certifications. Initial training and duties will be as an entry level flight controller or Operator often working evening, night and weekend shifts during non-complex operations. After a period of time (usually 1 to 2 years) as an Operator, the employee will be trained as a Specialist and/or as an Instructor. As a Specialist the individual will work primarily day shifts, complex operations, and on-call during Operator shifts. As an Instructor the individual will support shifts as needed, develop training materials and instruct astronauts and flight controllers. It is anticipated that personnel will eventually achieve all 3 certifications (Operator, Specialist and Instructor).
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, leadership, and team working skills.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to apply them to real-time operations is essential.
- Candidate must show ability to respond under pressure as a Flight Controller for positions in the Multi-Purpose Support Room.
- Candidate must pass an Air Force Class III physical for Flight Controller certification.
- Must have ability to work different shifts (nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or anticipated graduation within the next 3 months in Aerospace Engineering (ABET) or Aerospace related field of study.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with systems or technical integration.
- Experience in leadership situations.
- Russian, Japanese, or European language skills are a plus.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees' worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company communication through All-Hands meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. Due to facility security requirements, only US Citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.
- project management: 3 years
- deep foundations: 3 years
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.