UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. ISR & Space Systems is a business unit within UTAS and our products reside in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea and on the ground. We are also a major supplier to international space programs. The ISR & Space Systems business has contributed to significant advances in ground, air, space and imaging technology for over 85 years. Within ISR & Space Systems we design and manufacture Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) for use on the International Space Station (ISS), including extravehicular activity (EVA) systems such as the NASA space suit, and we also supply ECLSS systems undersea in submarines.
ISR & Space Systems Houston- EVA Space Operations Contract (ESOC), which supports the ISS, is looking for an energetic and highly motivated candidate for its ESOC Operations & Integration (O& I) product team. The position is the focal point and coordinator for the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)/vendor deliveries of sub components necessary to facilitate the fabrication of high quality, highly engineered development and production hardware on-time to a government customer. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the timely performance of various manufacturing tasks ranging from requirements planning through facilitating the shipment of deliverables for NASA Programs. Applicants must exhibit a high degree of initiative and sound judgment, working independently and as a member the O&I Integrated Product Team (IPT). It is essential the individual be capable of adapting to changing conditions and work cooperatively in a team environment.
Detailed Tasks include:
- Coordinating OEM/vendor deliveries, delivery verifications, delivery spend tracking, and delivery problem resolution efforts
- Generating SAP computer system Material Masters in support of program fabrications and deliveries
- Planning, prioritizing, initializing and assisting UTAS Supply Chain in SAP Purchase Order (PO) requisition efforts
- Expediting resolution of scheduling and vendor delivery conflicts to maintain production schedules
- Interfacing with UTAS Engineering/Operations/Quality to ensure that any dynamic schedules of a given project are incorporated into procurement and delivery planning
- Inventory analysis and maintenance of program shortages via subsequent procurement initiations
- Assisting UTAS Supply Chain as necessary in invoice details versus delivery confirmations
- Assisting UTAS Supply Chain as necessary in ESOC team mate contract value reconciliations
- Knowledge of UTAS ACE methodologies and participation in process improvement teams
- Assist ESOC O&I IPT in generation of space suit subcomponent build plans and any required OEM/vendor and ESOC team mate detailed direction/coordination on same
- Generate/maintain O&I driven Program Technical Directives, Data Requirement Description documents and procedures/work instructions as required
- Self-directed; strong planning and organization skills with ability to be adaptable to changing priorities and assignments
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and technical directions
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing, to individuals at all levels and to cross-functional groups
- Proficiency in SAP and other ERP systems
- Familiar with MS Project and MS Visio
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint products
- Experience in college Intern selection and Intern management processes a plus
Must be a U.S. Citizen, must either hold a current US DoD clearance or must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance if required, and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
Education: Bachelors degree required; preferably in in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Business disciplines with 10+ years of experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Discover your go-to coffee place or find your new favorite happy hour. Houston has a lot to offer outside the hours of 9 to 5.